Need a yummy treat for breakfast this weekend or a fun breakfast in bed surprise to treat your partner? These cappuccino pancakes are laden with the most delicious Mocha Syrup sauce featuring Jura espresso which is brewed in no time with their E6 machine.
For the last few weeks, I have had the pleasure of trying the Jura E6 machine. It couldn’t have come at a better time since I am spending so much time (well all of my time!) at home at the moment so it’s been really fun experimenting with different coffees and recipes using their espresso. Jura’s new E line features the world’s first P.E.P.®: Pulse Extraction Process which is the only process of its kind in the world. This helps optimises the extraction time and guarantees the very best aroma even for short speciality coffees.
The machine is super easy to use and has a sophisticated, sleek look for a modern kitchen. The buttons on the front of the machine and the display make operation really simple. Just make sure the coffee beans are in, the water tank is filled up, then select your coffee of choice and away you go! The E6 can even prepare two espressos at the same time so your partner or house mate is never waiting 🙂 Maintenance is also really easy with automatic filtering systems in place and a new interchangeable milk spout to ensure maximum hygiene. The intelligent water system for automatic filter detection supplies the perfect water quality for the best possible flavour. This also protects the coffee machine against limescale and remove substances such as heavy metals or chlorine from the water.
These pancakes are infused with Jura Espresso and have a delicate coffee complemented with the richness of the brown sugar and spice of the ground cinnamon. To make the syrup simply combine the espresso, cocoa powder, brown sugar and salt and bring to the boil in a small saucepan. When it has thickened pour over the pancakes and top with extra cream and fresh raspberries.
- 1 ¼ cup of self raising flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup of full fat milk
- 1 egg
- 50ml espresso, cooked
- 1 tbsp butter for cooking
- Mocha Syrup
- ¼ cup espresso
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Pinch Salt
- 150g raspberries
- 4 tbsp double cream
- In a large mixing bowl, combine self raising flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and brown sugar.
- In a separate bowl combine the milk, egg and espresso and whisk gently. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture gradually and whisk gently until smooth.
- Heat butter in a large non stick pan over medium heat and place a ladle of batter into the pan.
- Cook the pancake for 1- 2 minutes each side, flip when bubbles begin to surface. Take off heat and place on covered plate to keep warm. Continue until all batter is used up (should make approximately 6 – 8 pancakes depending on size.)
- To make the mocha syrup, place espresso, cocoa powder, brown sugar and salt in a saucepan and bring to a gentle boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for a few minutes until sauce begins to thicken. Remove from the heat.
- Serve pancakes immediately topped with raspberries, cream and mocha syrup.
A 7-9 Hall Street Hawthorn East VIC 3123
T 1300 285 872 (1300 aujura)
Your article helped me a lot, thanks for the information. I also like your blog theme, can you tell me how you did it?