What a busy week it has been! We have just got back from a fantastic round trip from Melbourne to Adelaide. Despite the long drive, we had the chance to have many pit stops along the way – some real hits and some misfortunate misses. Here is a round-up of my 10 favourite foodie finds for this week.
1. Anada Bar and Restaurant for its mouth-watering range of tapas and raciones. Step inside this dimly lit restaurant on Gertrude Street and you will be met with delightfully friendly staff and a relaxed atmosphere. Anada’s menu is strongly influenced by the peasant food of the Andalucia region of Spain, so expect good hearty cuisine. If you can, try to save room for the dessert tasting platter – it’s certainly worth it.
2. Bird in Hand winery in the Adelaide Hills for its rustic barrel hall and internationally acclaimed wines. Sit in the beautiful courtyard and enjoy a bottle of one of their famous whites and a tasting platter. I couldn’t think of a better way to spend an afternoon….
3. As far as location goes, you can’t beat the picturesque views of The Lane Vineyard in the Adelaide Hills. Sit on the alfresco deck and enjoy a wine tasting in the sunshine while admiring the rolling hills as far as the eye can see. After a wine or two, you may not want to leave!
4. Nestled in the middle of the Lenswood region is family vineyard Golding Wines, famous for its cool climate wines. You can see why this winery is so popular for special occasions, including weddings. The setting is gorgeous! And unlike many wineries of its kind, Golding has managed to blend elements of old world charm with modern elegance.
5. The Caledonian Inn in Robe for its quality food and fun and friendly atmosphere. Affectionately called “The Cally” by locals, the Caledonian Inn on Main Road was built in 1858 with many of its original features being maintained. The old-fashioned pub has a quaint beer garden at the rear which makes a perfect spot to enjoy a beer or two while enjoying the live music. When it gets chilly, retreat indoors and sit in the cosy surrounds by the crackling fire.
6. If you’re after a decent coffee option in Robe, then think no further than Mahalia Coffee – an award-winning specialist coffee house.A family run business, Mahalia prides itself in its profile roasting – each coffee origin used in their blends is chosen for its own integral flavour qualities and unique flavour profile.
7. Elevate yourself 236 metres above the city at one of Melbourne’s most sophisticated bars – the Lui Bar in the Rialto Towers. Here you can enjoy jaw dropping 360degree views over Melbourne and innovative cocktails. Be warned, this place isn’t cheap! The cheapest wine on the menu starts at a whopping $14 per glass. But if you’re looking for a romantic spot for a date or a special night with the girls, it’s worth it. Don’t leave here without a visit to the bathrooms.
8. Melt Pizzeria in Hyde Park, Adelaide for its delicious gourmet pizzas. Don’t expect super supreme and stuffed crust pizzas here. Melt specialise in thin crusted gourmet pizzas using innovative ingredients such as truffle oil, provolone and pomegranate. Pizza lovers – you won’t be disappointed here.
9. My easy but delicious recipe for the perfect Anzac Biscuits.
10. No Easter will be the same without this delicious recipe for Cadbury Creme Egg Brownies.
What have been your favourite finds around your town this week?
Yum! Sounds like a delicious trip to make. No favourite finds here this week, but we did enjoy local cheese and pate that I had bought on a recent trip inland to Stanthorpe.
sounds delicious! love a good cheese and pate xx
Well done Chicky I live in the Adelaide Hills What a job !!! Researching and Experiencing the best of the best I could help you out from this end !! 🙂 ALL THE BEST
What a lovely place to be based. Love the adelaide hills. will have to come back again soon xx