1. No wonder the crowds descend on Smith Street to get their greasy hands on one of the famous burgers from Huxtaburger. A toasted brioche bun is topped with all the trimmings, but the real hero is the grass-fed Wagyu beef patty. Add a bucket of crinkle cut fries or chipotle to the mix and you will be in for a treat.
2. If you’re looking for a little slice of Argentina in Melbourne then head for San Telmo on Meyers Place. This beautifully converted restaurant has an uber cool atmosphere with a clientele to match. Enjoy authentic Argentinian dishes like empanadas, entrada, mollejas and other dishes straight from the char-grill. No visit is complete without trying the Argentine national dessert, Dulche De Leche – the ultimate treat for sweet tooths.
3. I think I have found my ultimate coffee spot for my pre Camberwell market coffee on Sunday. Meet Prospect Espresso – home to some of the best coffee in Camberwell. This place gets busy so be prepared to wait for a table at busy times. For brunch you can enjoy innovative dishes like buttermilk pannacotta with mango mousse, passion fruit and amaretto or warm coconut rice with kiwi, lime and puffed rice. I’m feeling hungry just thinking about it.
4. Bar Lourinha on Little Collins Street for its quality tapas and great wine list. This cosy bar/restaurant is a perfect spot for a date or a special occasion with friends. It’s full of vintage nic nacs like tiny paintings and ornaments, but this all adds to the charm of the place. There’s also a great range of specials which change daily.
5. Los Barbudos for your ultimate rum fix in Fitzroy. Rumour has it that they have the best mojito recipe in town. Shhhh….
6. Who knew crumpets could be such an art?! These baked goodies at Dr Marty’s Crumpets are definitely not your average crumpet.The crumpets are handmade using organic flour and perfect for topping with generous slick of butter and honey. They can be found at various locations around Melbourne, including leading farmers markets. Get your crumpet on now!
7. Zhou Zhou – a new drinking den above the Oriental Tea House in South Yarra. Beer fans will be impressed by the 50 craft ales on offer.
8. From crumpets to croissants. Lune Croissanterie in Elwood offers the best croissants you will find outside of Paris. Expect luscious buttery croissants full of rich, flaky goodness. The hardest thing is stopping at one…
9.For a taste of Penang, head to Hawker’s Cafe in Hawthorn. It may not have the bells and whistles of other restaurants, but it packs a punch when it comes to good authentic Malaysian flavours. The Hainanese chicken comes highly recommended.
10. If you are keen to get off the beaten track for a good coffee, head to Monk Bodhi Dharma in Balaclava. This boutique coffee shop roasts all of their coffee in-house. The baristas really know their beans so don’t be scared to ask their recommendations.