This is my new weekly post, which features five or ten of my favourite foodie finds of the week (depending how busy I have been or most importantly how many pounds I’m willing to put on!). I hope you enjoy and please do let me know your favourite discoveries around town.
1. Nigella Lawsons’s Nutella Cheescake – this is one of the most delicious cheesecakes I have ever made and it’s super easy too, only requiring 6 ingredients. Try it for yourself!
2. Kipferl – a cosy little Viennese coffee-house in the heart of Angel serving a selection of mouth-watering cakes like sachertorte (a super rich chocolate cake with layers of apricot jam) and apfelstrudel. After a couple of coffees you may be tricked into thinking you’re in an Austrian ski chalet.
3. Transport yourself back to the time of British Raj India at Gymkhana London – one of the best restaurants of 2013 in my book.
4. Ruby Dock -the newest addition to the team behind award winning Lantana and Salvation Jane. Located in the middle of Camden Lock, this is a perfect spot to enjoy a brilliant coffee and a Vegemite and cheese toastie.
5. Exploring London’s farmers markets on a crisp autumnal morning and stocking up on seasonal goodies.
6. Ben and Jerry’s Peanut ButterCup ice cream – anything which combines three of my greatest loves (peanut butter, chocolate and ice cream) has to be good.
7. Jing Tea – especially Assam Breakfast for its rich and malty finish.
8. Vintage Heaven in Columbia Road – a treasure trove full of vintage tea cups and saucers. Don’t miss Cake Hole Cafe at the back of the store.
9. Cocktails at the Artesian Bar Langham – I would question the “best bar in the world” title of recent months but it does serve a mean cocktail.
10. One of my favourite retro inspired tea and cake haunts in London – Drink Shop Do . I can imagine spending a lot of time here in the coming weeks, sipping tea, eating cake and playing scrabble.
What are your favourite foodie finds this week? I would love to hear your discoveries.
Ruby Dock sounds amazing! I’ll have to visit next time I’m in London!
Check it out, their coffee is lovely too xx