I escaped the big smoke to the countryside last weekend to get some much needed R&R and of course celebrate my birthday. This week’s list is a mix of London and the Cotswolds. I hope you enjoy 🙂
1. The Hinds Head is Bray’s latest Michelin starred pub owned by Heston Blumenthal. Nestled in the heart of Bray, the picturesque pub is full of character with its cosy nooks and crannies and low-lying beams. The food is exceptional here – I would especially recommend the pork belly, chicken liver parfait and Heston’s famous scotch eggs and triple cooked chips.
2. Barnsley House – one of my favourite boutique hotels in England. The hotel is a perfect pit stop for a warming coffee by the roaring log fire.
3. Daylesford Organic Farmshop in Gloucestershire. Whether you are looking for organic fruit and vegetables, freshly baked bread or sustainably sourced meat and poultry, there is something for the fussiest of foodie here. Just don’t come here hungry or you’ll come out with a very empty purse.
4. The Horse and Groom in Bourton on the Hill for good quality pub grub at affordable prices. This pub gets busy, so reservations are essential.
5. Talkhouse Coffee in Portobello Road Notting Hill. This popular coffee spot is definitely worth a venture west. The Square Mile Coffee is superb and so are their delectable selection of pastries and cakes.
6. The new street food tasting menu at Chor Bizarre in Mayfair, featuring a unique collection of recipes from all over India.
7. The Cookies and Cream Cheesecake which was baked for my birthday. I haven’t tried baking this myself but I hope I will soon and share it with you all.
8. One of my favourite bars in London – The Nightjar in Shoreditch which keeps on delivering quality cocktails and great music.
9. Rediscovering porridge on cold and gloomy London days. I especially enjoy mine with warm poached fruit and cinnamon.
10. Workshop Coffee in Clerkenwell is still one of my favourite coffee places in London. The coffee is roasted on site and is always delivered with a smile.
What are your favourite foodie finds this week? Please leave your comments below – I would love to hear from you!