Does anything say winter more than a delicious baked camembert with a glass of red? After devouring a baked camembert at Milk the Cow in Carlton recently, I couldn’t wait to bake one at home. This recipe is so simple. It’s perfect for a date night in, or a post dinner snack with friends. Or if you’re feeling extra indulgent, for one will do just fine. No judgements here.
I prefer baked camembert with garlic, a touch of rosemary and a drizzle of olive oil to keep things really simple. It’s also great with dried figs or quince to provide a touch of sweetness.
Bake in the oven for about ten minutes until the inside is gooey and delicious. The outside should still be firm.
- 1 whole camembert, in its box
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Bread or crackers to serve.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Remove all plastic packaging from the cheese then place back in its box with the lid off, and place on baking sheet.
- Pierce the cheese in about eight places and insert finely sliced garlic and rosemary sprigs then drizzle the cheese with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake in the oven for ten minutes or when cheese is gooey and melted on the inside.
- Serve with crackers, bread or bread sticks.